Friday, March 13, 2009

Some Spotting FAQ's

Q – Jim, what about T-Rust rust remover? Does it work? Is it worth the money? Is anything better or as good but cheaper.

A - T Rust would be my personal choice. There are cheap mineral acids that might work, but you take risks of pulling dye from nylon and wool with such products.

-----------------------------

Q – Jim, is that spotting kit(CS03A) really worth the money?

A - I like this spotting kit a great deal, but you could probably do better by making your own, less complicated one, based on today's stain removal standards.

Here is what I would have in my kit:
* Stain Zone
* Red One
* All Solv
* PIG
* Gel Break
* T Rust
* Avenge
* Filter Out

All are products I would have in a kit. I would also have a spotting spatula, tamping brush, a steamer or iron to activate the Red One and also a Spot Lifter Water Claw.

0 comments: